Monday, November 19, 2007

There's something I've not told you guys

Before I went into hospital I spoke to Flatmate online, I wanted to talk to him before going into hospital and it was the first time we'd chatted in ages. I guess I shouldn't have and I know all of my interaction seems to be online these days, I really should get out more!
Anyway, we talked for quite a while and he told me that he thought that I was trouble, he thought that if it hadn't been for me he wouldn't have cheated on Gifty. I told him that I thought that wasn't the truth at all, that I'd tried many a time to steer him in a different direction. I reminded him how I don't even know where he lives and that if he wanted it he had to come here, I didn't force him to turn up. He asked me if I still think about it and if I really think that it's over between us. I told him that
"I'd like us to be friends, but I think what we did previously was wrong and I don't want us to go back there. I can't say that we never will because if temptation came then it might be a little harder than just saying no but I'd like to think we were strong enough to be able to be mates without ripping each other's clothes off." I then asked if he'd thought about it and he said
"no I've not thought about it. However I do think you're trouble, but I like trouble"
I said goodnight and logged off at this point, for many reasons
1. I didn't appreciate being called trouble.
2. I didn't like where the conversation was going.
3. Something felt wrong
4. I wasn't liking him at that moment in time.
A few days later is when this happened now I look back I feel like maybe some of it slipped out because he's riled me so much that I wanted to be that trouble he'd suggested I was. He wants me to be trouble - I can be trouble, in the same way I can be sweet, I can be innocent and I can be sexy.
That boy, shouldn't underestimate the power he has left in my hands, because I can let Gifty know, through Tan or through other methods I'm sure, exactly what her boyfriend has been up to. Now of course I don't intend to do that but if he wants trouble, he certainly given me the power to be trouble.
Lesson 1. Don't mess with Gretta.
Funniest thing is, I've not heard a peep out of him since that conversation, so maybe he really does only like me when I'm trouble because it seems he can't do "just friends" with me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This drives me NUTS when guys pull shit like this. Maintain that upper-hand, just like you're doing. Good for you for signing off.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Youre not trouble, HE is. HE is the one with the girlfriend, HE is the one that said nothing about you to her.

He's trying to shift the blame.

11:00 AM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

He's just trying to keep you dangling honey - Tom does it ALL the time! I need to post a bit more about Tom but he's JUST like Flatmate (incl. the gf) and he's still, over a year later, playing with me. Flatmate's going to do the same. He's asking these questions to get an ego boost. Sounds like Johnny too huh? These boys are just cruel!

1:57 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

5 or 6 years ago you'd see lots of teenage girls with tops that said "trouble" whenever you went to a shopping centre.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home