Thursday, October 18, 2007

Confused.

I can't write about Teddy I just can't. I'm sorry Betty.
I was having a discussion the other day with a friend and she said this....
"Everyday I learn new lessons, and lately I've been learning that you don't necessarily marry the love of your life, some times circumstances and situations mean you miss opportunities and you end up marrying someone else. The doesn't mean you don't love them with all your heart but it still might not be the love of you life, it could just be the love at that time, that you commit too".
I didn't really understand what she meant when she said that. It's definitely been stuck in my head leaving me confused.
However, this week I'm beginning to understand it.
Climber Dude and I seem to be building up quite a friendship now, not a relationship but it feels as if we're setting some king of foundation for something. I'm not at all comfortable with it but it doesn't feel wrong. He's no Teddy, but he's stable. He's planning on going away for 6 months and I think I may miss him during that time.
I'm not saying I'm gona end up marrying Climber Dude, but what I am saying is that I can't be with Teddy, and maybe who I'm with isn't going to be the love of my life, but they'll be right for that time.
I'm chatting utter shit aren't I?

4 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

Ok Gretta - I'll leave you alone ;o)

Your friend sounds pretty wise, but here's the flip side for you: People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Perhaps Teddy is your Reason? He's your Reason to believe that you will find someone amazing. Someone who will love you forever and to remind you to wait for that and not waste your time on Flatmates.

Don't be sad, isn't it better to know that that elusive 'love' can exist then spend your life wondering?

PS: my word verification is cltuzyt - I feel a bit that way today!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wow-that's actually very sad. However, just because someone is the love of your life now, it doesn't mean that you will always feel that way about them. Just don't settle for less than you know that you deserve. Because you do deserve someone special!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Betty took the words out of my mouth!

Seriously Gretta, maybe he is your reason that you will find someone amazing..

11:05 PM  
Blogger Ginamonster said...

Wow. I was going to post something understanding for Gretta, but bondibetty ave me something to wander off and ponder...

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home