Thursday, August 30, 2007

Flatmate seems stuck in a rut/relationship.

I got up earlier than usual this morning. Decided that I'd do some research before work. Go on msn and Flatmate starts talking to me. At first I was taken back he's never online at that time of day and Aaron I know you'll say I should block him but I am just not good at that whole blocking thing I'll only end up unblocking him.
So, he starts saying he hasn't seen me online much - when I've been online at my usual times so he didn't make sense. Then he asks if I have a man in my life and then although I say no I tell him I'm looking forward to Teddy visiting. Then he starts telling me how he's bored of his relationship with Gifty and how things are "Ok" between them at the moment and the reason they're ok is because they hardly see each other. He seemed pretty pee'd off about it all and I felt a bit sorry for him. Not trying to blow my own trumpet but I have a habit of keeping guys on their toes and I have this thing where I always try to keep a relationship exciting and I think that when he was telling me he was finding he was bored with his relationship was because he knows he had more fun with me than what he's currently having. And that's kind of sad because what we had was a 5 month fling and I can see that now - what he has with Gifty is much more long lasting and if he's still finding it just ok then it's as if he settling for something that doesn't make him happy and I do feel a bit sorry for him "If" that is the case.
The thing about Flatmate tho is he doesn't really have guts, he doesn't take risks, he's done very little travel because he doesn't like the thought of being alone and Gifty hasn't wanted to do it with him and before Gifty he didn't have any friends who wanted to go either. It always shocks him when I talk about my lone travels. I just can't help but think if you're too scared to be alone then that's kind of sad, you're always relient on someone else and that's a bit suckky really. I do feel for him but my response to it all (knowing full well he will not end things iwth Gifty was) "Well, if things are ok then you may as well stick with it, ok is better than crap after all" However, I'd never settle for ok, of course there will be times in any relationship that are just "ok" but Flatmate has never once said that things between him and Gifty are good or great they've always just been ok - and I wouldn't be settling for that. Nope I want lots of toe curling good with little short sperts of just ok. That's what I want.

6 Comments:

Blogger coffeesnob said...

gifty may not be the prob. sounds more like him.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Flatmate needs to figure things out.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

CS: I think that their relationship hasn't been good for a very very long time. They had problems before I got involved with Flatmate and they had problems during that time and they still have problems now. Me and Flatmate ended things over 2 months ago and we were friends for 4 months before we started seeing each other so that's almost a year of problems. I think they've been together for just over 2 years so at this rate half of their relationship "might" have been good (unsure how long they've been having issue before what I know) and the other half has been bad. It's sounds like a pretty crappy relationship to me. I just hope that he ends up happy because even though I don't see him in a romantic sense anymore and realise he was a dickhead and still is sometimes I still care and I want him to be happy.

Scotty: I wish he'd figure things out. It's not fair for either of them if they're both stuck in a relationship that isn't great.

Gretta x

8:06 AM  
Blogger *kb* said...

I agree with coffeesnob, I don't think it's about gifty at all! This man sounds very similiar to The ME! Frightening! :-) I can relate to the you just want to see him happy and hope that he figures things out. I'm with you, NEVER SETTLE! :-)

11:08 AM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

He's never going to tell you things are going great, cause if he say's that you'd walk away - I've been that person. Trust me.

But it's good to hear you're not thinking "if things aren't so bad, maybe I'm in with a chance..." kinda talk. You're tougher than me! I'd jump on single Johnny in a heartbeat! Well, I hope not a heartbeat.

Hopefully you two can be friends in the future. My 'Flatmate' (Tom) is now a great friend. We had our issues, they're over now and we chat from time to time and I can count on him to be there if I need him.

Gretta - you're AWESOME!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

yes

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home