Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dedicated to my someone.

My Someone - He is a better man than Jerk Boy could ever ever be. He is a better man than probably every single guy to have ever entered my life. I came to grips with the facts though - I had too,
Fact 1: He was an online crush that lasted nearly 5 years.
Fact 2: He lived half way across the world
Fact 3: Whatever happened between us because of who we both were and how we valued friendship and loyalty we'd always be friends and probably ONLY friends.
Fact 4: By the time I did get my arse in gear to meet him he'd met someone else, someone who was beautiful, lived in the same country and right for him in everyway.
Fact 5: When we did meet I realised instantly that he wasn't at all what I would want and how relieved I was that we were just friends.
Fact 6: He's now buying a house with his beautiful girl
Fact 7: He's getting a ring made to go on the beautiful's girls finger as we speak.
However, even with all these facts, he's always held a special place in my heart as the man that could have had all of it, and the man that was worth all of it and the man that made me feel that I was extremely valuable to him.
Why am I bringing up my someone today? Well, I am bringing him up because today in the post I received a letter from my someone. This shocked me because, back in the day when he was single we used to be penpals and write to each other all the time. There was a period when he had no internet access and we remained in contact via the post completely. Then when he got the internet back we still wrote occasionally but not as much, and then our writing just happened at Christmas because that is what happens isn't it? It just kind of fades out but because we speak to each other so often online - even now. Writing at Christmas just seems the right thing to do.
He'd not only sent me a letter, but he'd sent me an unexpected gift at an unexpected time. You know what, by receiving that today it just made me remember how much he valued our friendship, how he appreciated me, and how he loved me as a friend and how he still values me, he still appreciates me and how he still loves me as a friend. I am glad he's happy and he's found his someone and I am overwelmed that he chose not to forget the 5 year friendship we'd built even after finding his someone and with that happiness. I just hope that there are more like my someone out there, because if there truly is, I'd give them my heart and more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Would that I could step up to that call!

For I have been there - sharing my heart with a someone half a world away.

But now I am in the process of bonding with a new special someone a mere 3000 miles away
LOL

Though things are still very much up in the air - I'm gonna keep my love focused on her until told to do otherwise.
For she has great magic for me – and this might just be my last shot at love.

Still you are very sweet - and if there are any thoughts I can share or any help I can give just ask.

Everyone I have ever loved still has a place in my heart, and if truly needed I will find room for you too.

There is always more love for friends as I conjure it up special just for each one of them. –

But there is only room in my heart for one "Special" someone
For my heart is now hers, and that is as it should be.

So wish me luck on this newest adventure –
It may well be that before too long I will be back to commiserate and sulk while I hide from the magnitude of my follies.
So be it

I will still check in and have hugs for you Gretta
As often as possible

For that was all I ever signed on for in the first place. I never endeavored to be anything more than that.

~hugz~

10:26 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Bobbbbbbbb you really are too sweet :) x

3:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No problem Gretta- sweet likes sweet - so I like Gretta
We all need someone in our corner


we are all in this together - and sweet uaually takes the most abuse

No body loves No one

Take me up on this offer anytime

No charge

as always
~hug~

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home