Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Arms and New Guy = The one I want and the one I really don't want!

Remember The Arms

Well, me and The Arms are still in contact we probably instant message each other twice or three times a week.

Last night we had a lovely conversation that I just didn't want to end but due to his job as a pilot a hunky stud of a pilot with great arms he had to get up at 3.30am and therefore go to bed. Wish I was in his bed and wish he was in my city and wish we would go on a date.

Right back to the point Gretta. Yes he's lovely, great conversation, hunk, but still yet to meet for real.

Oh and remember New Guy

Well, things between us fizzled out his cockyness began to irratate me. He's actually a really nice guy but I fast began to realise his way was always the right way and if we hung out it was always doing what he wanted and he'd somehow make me feel guilty if I wanted to do something else.

The other week he invited me for a walk in the country, one I really didn't want to go on because I knew it meant I'd end up having to spend 3 hours in conversation with him listening to his bouts of cockyness.

Then..... I made up an excuse not to go, it was actually true a good friend of mine had a row with her fiance and they were thinking about calling off the engagement, friend was in bit I had to cancel going on the walk which was quite a relief and said we'd catch up another time.

Then he rang me about 3 weeks ago

New Guy: Gretta when are you free for that catch up?

Gretta: Um let me get my diary - ah I'm not free until the 11th Feb

New Guy: That's ages away but ok the 11th Feb will do - what do you want to do?

Gretta: Cinema lets go to the cinema *thinking to myself we don't have to talk if we're watching a film*

New Guy: Really? but that means we wont really get to catch up.

Gretta: I really fancy the cinema we could go for a drink after (oh Gretta why a drink after)

New Guy: Ok cool cinema it is.

He just rang my office to confirm. I was shocked

Gretta: why are you ringing my office and not my mobile and how did you get my office number?

New Guy: I tried your mobile you didn't answer so I looked up your company on the net and rang your office. Just wanted to double check Friday night.

Gretta: Yep all good

New Guy: I was thinking we could go for food first so we could catch up?

Gretta: Trouble with food before the movie is we risk missing the movie and food after the movie will be too late really so why don't we eat before and I'll pick you up on the way to the cinema

New Guy: It's just we're not gona get chance to catch up.

Gretta: We we'll go for a drink after.

He's still making me feel unbelievably awkward. I'm guessing he's well and truly over his ex now and wants to get close to me again but I've moved on from him now. If anything he's beginning to really get on my nerves and the less time spent with him the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home