Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Tough Love

From Bestfriend.

Tonight I will be having a fairly serious conversation with New Guy. Part of me doesn't want to, part of me wants to keep the "getting to know" each other stage fun with no pressure. However, Bestfriend is worried for me and I think she's right to be.

Bestfriend told me that I know you're having fun with him and he's been very sweet to you but all you've done with him so far is walk up hills. And you lost your identity a bit with CD becasue you always did what he wanted to do and yes you may occasionally want to do some walking but Gretta it's not what you do every weekend. We're at risk of losing you again and we don't want that.

I figured she's right, although I've not said to New Guy I'd be willing to do walking every weekend he's made it very clear him and his ex used to do it every weekend and you know maybe I want to do some other things like cinema, eating out, having other kinds of fun. He's not as extreme as CD and he's definitely more open. He's even written a funny poem about our time together on Monday.

But if he's thinking I'm going to become his every weekend exploring buddy I could end up in a relationship that I'm not so happy in. I lost myself when I was with CD and although I do want to impress New Guy I don't want to lose who I am in doing so.

I hope that by being open and honest with him about things it doesn't put him off. I'm enjoying getting to know him, I think he's being very sweet to me and I do want things to progress but I don't want to find out half way into it that because I was too scared to lose him that I somehow lost myself.

I think Bestfriend was right to pull me up on it. I don't want another relationship like the one I was in, I want fun and not serious but I'm most fun when I'm honest to who I am. I don't feel I've lied to him I just feel that he may have the wrong impression. So, tonight I'm going to be honest.

1. I'm enjoying getting to know him.
2. I do want things to progress but slowly.
3. I do like walking just not every weekend as I like doing other things too.

I don't want to sabbotage anything before it's started but nor do I want my feelings to get stronger and then end up sabboraging it then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home