Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Text conversation - finally.....

Last night at approximately 8pm this happened.

*Text comes through*

New Guy: What are you up to over the bank holiday weekend? I'm thinking a day of settlers ;)

(Settlers was a game he made us play at the bbq).

Gretta: I'm busy Sat and Sun but I'm free on the BH Mon. Although I'm not sure I'm nerdy enough for a whole day session of Settlers - unlike some ;)

New Guy: I thought you liked it? Seriously though if you fancy a walk somewhere and an explore on Monday then I'd be keen?

Gretta: I did like it, just not enough to play it all day. Yeah I'd be up for a walk somewhere on Monday - sounds good.

New Guy: Well if you have any ideas on where to go walking let me know. I'm looking forward to it.

So, there we have it. We're going for a walk together on BH Monday, I'm pretty sure it's just me and him unless he invites someone else or I invite someone else. I obviously don't think either of us are going to invite anyone else, but you never do know when the text conversation was pretty elusive.

I mean why can't he just say "Gretta would you like to come out with me over the BH weekend?" that way it's clear would you like to go with me, not me and a group. And he actually asks me straight out rather than trying to figure out if I already have plans or not. He's not the only one who's gone about it that way either, lots of guys seem to not be able to ask a girl out outright they seem to beat around the bush a fair bit. I guess it's a guy thing but it leaves the girl confused, you see he could potentially invite other people on this walk and that would be perfectly acceptable he hasn't given me any hint that it's going to be an exclusive walk but I'm assuming it is, but what if I turn up and there's a whole crowd ey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home