Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vegetables.......

So CD gave me my second bag of vegetables the other day since we broke up.

I kind of understand but I didn't fully understand. You see he had an allotment on the grounds of where he worked and it was kind of "our" allotment, something we did together as a couple, something that we spent time doing. As it was on his grounds at work he did the most work on it but I'd occasionally go and help on an evening or weekend and we always had a nice time together on there.

So now he's harvesting some stuff I understand. However, after the first bag I didn't expect anymore. The second bag just felt a bit weird. When he gave them to me, my friend told me that I sounded ungrateful in my response.

So I emailed him and said

"I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful, I am thankful for them but the first bag you gave me I couldn't get through, and as my folks are away at the mometn I'm eating for one. I don't want you to waste them so please don't feel obliged to keep giving me vegetables".

It felt like one of the funniest emails I'd ever written.

His response was....

"hey Gretta

thanks for saying i dont have to give you any vegetables. i dont feel i have to, i kind of want to. i feel its right as you cared for them. and feel its nice to give friends vegetables.

also im not goin to eat a jungle of cabbages!!!

CD.."

Truth is it wasn't the vegetables that I cared for, and by him giving them to me, it's a reminder of the past I'm moving on from. How do I explain that without offending or getting into a deep and meaningful. Guess I'll just have to accept that him giving me vegetables might be his way of saying we're friends. Who knows!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

"Guess I'll just have to accept that him giving me vegetables might be his way of saying we're friends. "

Yes - :)

My dad gives people pies :)

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home