Saturday, November 24, 2007

Can someone please explain what the deal is?

Here's the more lengthy update of the past few days.
I was online on Wednesday early afternoon and Climber Dude comes online, we chat for a bit and it turns out he's on a late shift! I tell him if he wants to pop over for a cuppa before going to work then he can.
He turns up but when he's here he suggests watching a movie as he has time. So, we watch a movie together. He doesn't try anything and neither do I.
My mum and dad decide to pop over to check on me, my mum tried checking on me a few days earlier and I'd gone into work for a few hours and she wasn't happy with me, sometimes I feel like they treat me like a kid. Anyway Climber Dude just hits it off straight away with my parents so much so that I know my mum is going to give me the third degree about him "gretta he's a nice boy" blah blah blah.
Anyway, so it was a really nice afternoon and he goes off to work.
On Thursday, he calls me (knowing that I'm still of sick).
Climber Dude: What are you up to today?
Gretta: Nothing
Climber Dude: can I come over and watch another DVD with you
Gretta: Sure.
So, he comes over we watch another DVD, then we decide to go to a restaurant for dinner, then he invites himself back to mine to watch another DVD. By this time there was definite flirting by him and I thought I'd offer him a massage. He declined!!!!!!!!!! I felt like a right idiot, we were flirting, I was sure something was going to happen, my massages are amazing Jerk Boy tells me so, and he turns it down. After all that why? why? why?
I think I can safely say no guy has ever flirted with me so much so not to follow something through and once again nothing happened between me and Climber Dude and I'm left feeling silly. I told Best Friend about it (we sorted all that gooseberry single stuff out too) and she was like
Best Friend: Gretta!!! I can't believe you offered him a massage.
Gretta: Well, if I thought for one second he'd decline I wouldn't have offered.
Best Friend: You're hilarious, you should just relax and let what happens and happens.
I know she's right, I'm just cringing about it all now, I don't think anyone has ever declined one of my massages and in that moment I definitely wasn't expecting him too haha, I just find it too funny talk about embarrassing yourself. Anyway, he's gone away with a mate this weekend to climb a mountain in Wales somewhere. So, at least it gives me time to not feel like such a fool.
Last night I went round a friends house and Jerk Boy was there and Jerk Boy gave me the most amazing head massage I've ever had. He's not so good at the shoulders but the head, oh he was good at the head. And that's another thing, the more Climber Dude confuses me the more I seek attention from Jerk Boy! I just can't win.

8 Comments:

Blogger A Lil' Irish Lass said...

Ugh. I hate HATE when that happens. I've thrown myself in front of a truck a few times in a similar fashion. Just try to pretend like it didn't happen because this just isn't one of those things that "gets better with time." I still feel foolish and get hot in the cheeks when I think about embarrassing things I did four years ago.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

You should have known Climber Dude was going to do that! Hasnt he done the whole 'it seems like I am interested but I really am not' bit before?

6:10 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Irish: I know so embarrassing

Scotty: Trust me I NEVER thought he'd turn me down he was showing definite interest this time. Strange boy!

6:22 AM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

He's like the cat with a piece of string, as long as you dangle the string he'll play with it. But if he catches the string he's no longer interested...

Does that make sense? I'm so tired I think I'm delirious...

3:31 PM  
Blogger Ginamonster said...

men are frustrating.

I once offered a massage to a fella I was dating and he declined, he said he didn't "think he could handle it".

Maybe he's just nice, and doesn't want things to go to fast? Or maybe he's interested but doesn't want to ruin the friendship?

I'm with the Irish Lass, though, we've all embarassed ourselves and still feel foolish years later.

7:16 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

I was thinking last night - maybe he said no to the massage because he couldn't control himself? Worried he would be overcome with lust? Just a thought... I prefer to look on the bright side of life sometime ;o)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Are you trying to develop a meaningful relationship with someone or do you just want to get laid?

8:22 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Aaron sweet heart if I can get both I'll be a happy lady ;)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home