Monday, October 19, 2009

Life Partner - what the fuck does that mean?

I love this blog and I hate this blog. This is the place where I am honest about my relationships. I am sure it wont surprise you that I have another blog which my friends read, those people I speak of regularly on here.

Anyway as I re-read over some posts on this blog, I found the post where it said that CD viewed me as his life partner. And how that had stunned me and what exactly that meant. So isn't it funny how so much can change. He said at the beginning of January he viewed me as his life partner but now I'm not even sure what he views me as but you don't treat your life partner the way he treated me.

Anyways that was a side point, because the whole reason I was reading over this blog was because I was trying to find a post about "The Player or Player" that's what I'm sure I named him, but I couldn't. Anyway The Player clearly his name speaks for itself seems to be interested in me again now i'm single. He doesn't live in my city. I don't really know what to do this guy has sooooo much going for him and when he asked me if I was currently dating I told him I wasn't but that I'm also just wanting me time at the moment so I don't plan to be dating for a month or 2 either (LIKE SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE GRETTA HAS GONE?).

So, I'm going to be seeing The Player on Thursday. Funnily enough i don't know how to play it.

Best Friend says if you want a night of passion he's your man, but if you're looking to settle then he's probably not your man.

Part of me so wants the night of passion, but the other part of me knows that I'm not that Gretta anymore, I'm not. I've had a taster of what it is to put someone else first, to give almost all you've got in a relationship, to be constantly thinking about someone eles and I kind of liked it, I liked it more when it was mutual, but I did like it. So I think I'd rather have a relationship than a night of passion and therefore I guess The Player isn't my "life partner". Now bring me someone who is please.

In other news I have to be on my best behaviour tonight. CD currently lodges with a family, and I got on REALLY WELL, LIKE REALLY WELL with the mum in this family, she was just so well like what I imagine me to be when i hit 50 I'm sure she was probably a bit of a Gretta when she was younger. So we got on really well and I figured taht I shouldn't let the fact that CD and I have broken up stop me from seeing her so I've invited her and one of her freinds round for a girly night tonight - I know me and 2 50yr olds (interesting combination). However, now I'm a bit nervous about it I have to try my hardest not to mention CD, or how I feel about the situation, because if I do I'm at risk of her going back and telling him. Like why on earth did I think this would be a good idea? Anyway, I have bacardi, I have chocolate and I'm gona pick up a chick flick on my way home from work and just hope taht I'm able to keep my big mouth shut and find a different neutral subject to talk about. Sometimes I do get mad at myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

You have another blog?!

Chocolate cures all.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

yes Scotty but you're never going to read it... I like the me you know here ;)

Chocolate does cure all.

When are you gona blog? I miss reading up on you.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home