Tuesday, November 04, 2008

This is my life!!!

I went back to work yesterday, and I'm at work now and I am very happy to be here and very happy to be out of the house. I then went to that catholic choir thing last night that Jerk Boy got me going to and has since dropped out of leaving me going alone.. It's still really hard but for some odd reason it's turned into a bit of a goal of mine I quite like the sound of "yes I sang in my city's cathedral".

I bumped into a friend of CD's yesterday (a married guy who he goes climbing with) as well who said this to me...

"Gretta, I'm glad I saw you, me (and my wife) both are very sad to not have you coming round anymore, I feel like we were just getting to know you and we were enjoying your company. I know these things happen but I did want to tell you that I'm kind of sad" I replied saying "actually to be honest I've been missing chatting with you guys too" it felt like the polite thing to say, the right thing to say, I didn't have any expectation by saying that, it just felt like I should respond in someway. He then said "we'll try and get you round for a meal" - now I didn't know what to say so I smiled and said "that would be nice"

Do you know what, his words were incredibly sweet. He is actually the only one of CD's friends I really truly liked. I liked his wife but she was a bit of a feminist and it kind of freaked me out at times, but he made a real effort to get to know me, when I did all the walking stuff he's the one that slowed down and walked with me asking genuine questions, wanting to find out who I was. I knew he liked who I was, I knew he'd figured out that I am someone who puts one front and to really get to know me takes time and relationship - how do I know that because I saw a lot of me in him.

The only issue was the end of that conversation.. He is CDs friend, not my friend and although he said he'll invite me round for a meal, it felt like he felt obliged to say that, and can you imagine how awkward it would be if they did invite me round - after always going round with CD. I really hope they don't ask, because if they do, I think I'll end up saying yes, and putting myself in the most awkward situation I could ever find myself in.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home