Sunday, April 29, 2007

Never a dull moment in Gretta's world

I ended things with Flatmate on Friday. It was actually ok, he asked me outright if I was bored of us and I replied saying that I am not bored but.... I really do think I have to come back to reality, and reality is, you are with Gifty. It's been the best dream I've ever had but I am beginning to see it for what it is. A dream.

He completely understood and asked if we could remain friends to which I said I don't think we can be just friends, we've tried that before and it didn't work.

On Friday night I was pretty teary, I was at home with a bottle of wine, and a chick flick, and I just got all a bit emotional so I text him again affirming what I'd already told him saying; honestly, I wasn't one bit bored, I just woke up from the best dream I've ever had, I wish I could go back to sleep but I can't I have to face reality... I'm sorry.

He replied on Saturday saying "It was a great dream, you have nothing to be sorry for, please don't harden your heart".

It meant a lot to me and now I feel as if I am probably not going to speak to either Flatmate or Mr Tall again. It has been a tough weekend at times I have been a little teary but I am a survivor and I'll survive.

Teddy has been in touch, he's sorting out My Someone's wedding gift for me. Teddy who I speak to so infrequently it's unbelieveable has a habit of popping up when I need him the most, and it's been great having him call me up and this last week! I can't wait until the end of July when he comes to visit.

My someone gets married next weekend, it's crazy to think that only a few years ago I imagined marrying him, it's crazy to think that now I couldn't even contemplate marrying him. I am so happy he's happy and maybe also a little envious.

As for work... Ooooohhh work, things have been majorly hectic, end of finance year and all has made the office seem completely busy, however, next week i am sure I'll be thankful for the busyness as it will keep my mind of Flatmate. As for my social life it's as hectic as ever and I am sure it wont be long before a new or old persuit turns up. There is one thing I can say about my life and love lift, it's never dull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home