Saturday, April 10, 2010

The end of an era.

CD has invited me to his leaving doo by email.

He's emailed me twice which gives me the impression he wants to be there, but going to someone's leaving doo kind of means you should talk to that person and as we're not really talking that seems a bit odd. At first I thought he'd invited me out of obligation, all our friends are on the invite, the polite thing to do would be to invite Gretta, but then the second email came the one that said "I hope to see you at my leaving doo".

It feels like he wants to make himself feel better before he goes, I feel like I should go to be seen to be doing the right thing. Thinking popping in for an hour would work, show my face, say hello and goodbye then leave.

I feel like I bent over backwards for that guy, and I feel like somehow I'm still bending over backwards for him.

Him leaving is the end of an era. I know that, unfortunately for me it was long, emotional, turbulent and painful era. Should I be the better person and let it go and wave him off regardless of how uncomfortable I might be or do I make a statement to him and everyone else and not go even though he's invited me..... twice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

You should go, even if its only for a little bit.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home