Tuesday, November 08, 2011

For now (hopefully not ever)

I'm wondering if I'm destined to be single forever.....

I haven't been in a relationship since 2009. In fact I've been single for 2 years and almost 2 months.

I've had a few flirts and I've had a few dates and I've had a few bits of fun. However, 2 years and 2 months this is one heck of a long dry spell to have no inkling of a relationship.

And okay so I might be getting some cyber sex and some interesting conversation but it doesn't (for me) fill that gap of real close intimacy that you have when the man is in your bed next to you, when you're exploring each other and when you're just content to be with someone.

I just guess I always thought I'd have met someone by now but maybe my high standards of wanting to be treated with the respect I deserve are just too darn high. No they're not. I'm not going to settle for the guy who uses me as his mistress, I'm not going to settle for the guy who wants me as an internet frill, I will settle for a guy who commits to me. The reason I can't find that it is probably because last year I think I gave up looking but my theory is if he's worth my time then he'll find me.

For now I'm done with men. And I'm kind of okay with that (for now).

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraDora said...

I know exactly how you feel I haven't been in a decent relationship for years, your blog made me laugh as it captured what probably most women are thinking.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't resist reading the previous post... and writing. So, here goes (I hope you don't find this offensive or mean):

Have you tried different activities/social circles/approaches to dating? I haven't read anything else in your blog, so, I don't know anything about you except what these two posts say, but if you've been hitting bars/pubs/the like for potential partners, and that hasn't worked out, you should consider looking in other venues. Do you have any hobbies/other activities that you're passionate about (swing/salsa dancing, theatre, wine tasting, a sport, etc.)? If so, you could try looking for groups/gatherings of peoples that share those passions. You might run into a different kinds of people (and you might have to adjust your tolerance accordingly: a guy who doesn't hit up bars/pubs every weekend is probably not as smooth socially as a guy who does. Yet he can still be a great match.)

Well, enough of my meddling, best of luck!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home